This document will explain you how to use Zappy Task Editor.
Zappy Task Editor can be started from the Zappy Context Menu by right-clicking on the zappy icon at the bottom right corner or by double-clicking on it.
Zappy Task editor allows you to manage workflow and add validation actions. Task Editor is our powerful and user-friendly automation canvas, is an essential component in Zappy. It features a rich collection of pre-built activities, integrates with several programming languages, and promotes ease-of-use, scalability, and efficiency.
Menu Bar: On the top of Task Editor you will see menu bar, A menu bar is a user interface element that contains selectable commands and options for the Zappy Task Editor. No need to invent the wheel. Share and reuse ready-made automation components from Editor’s extensible libraries and save on development time and cost. Build reusable components with Zappy to collaborate, standardize, and work on automation best practices within your organization and with fellow developers for the most effective results.
1) Open: Open your existing zappy automation.
2) Save: Save the automation.
3) SaveAs: Save an already saved automation or anything (which you want to save)
with a new name.
4) New: Insert New Workspace in Task Editor.
5) Close: Close the current workspace window.
6) Execute: Execute the automation created by you.
7) Start: To start the execution step by step.
To use Start, breakpoint has to be added for the action from the “Execution” menu select Add Breakpoint/F8 from the drop-down
8) Debug: To find and resolve bugs or defects.
9) Learn: Zappy learns your actions and builds them into an automation workflow.
10) Logs: Zappy generates audit logs which can be accessed by Zappy Logger. They capture events which can show “who” did “what” activity and “how” the system behaved. Zappy Logger can be started from the Zappy Context Menu or Zappy Task Editor.
Activity Panel is on the left-hand side of the Zappy Task Editor. It shows all the actions which you can drag and drop in task editor.
Property panel is on the right hand side of the Zappy Task Editor. After dropping action in task editor, you can set its properties in Property panel by clicking on that action.
Create automation with our drag and drop, code-free, editor. Leverage our library of hundreds of activities and pre-built automation components. For fast and easy troubleshooting our visual debugger highlights an exact error and displays easy to comprehend messages. No more manual, error-prone programming of each process and user action, Zappy learns your actions and build them into automation.
While setting properties in the property panel, click on three dots in front of text, Value Picker will be opened
1)Variable: Select Variable from Value Picker and Select the action whose output will be used as input for another action.
2)Expression: User can write their own code in Lambda Expression. Expression is also used for parsing variable.
3)Static Value – A variable that has been allocated "statically", meaning they have a scope till the program’s lifetime.